We are obsessed with these little fritters because they are so simple to make with only 5 ingredients. Use any cheese you have on hand like shredded mozzarella. Make sure you season the mixture well with your salt and pepper. I have not tried this recipe with other flours, but in my experience it should work with Gluten Free flour, rice flour or oat flour. Should probably also work with almond flour too!
If you like these you will love my:
- No Pasta Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Slices
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Goat Cheese Dip
- Crispy Baked Butternut Squash Strips
- Chunky Butternut Squash + Corn Soup
- Butternut Squash + Kale Lasagna
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Butternut Squash Fritters
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ lbs butternut squash, peeled + grated
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp each Italian herb blend , garlic powder + onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- In a large bowl, lightly beat your eggs. Add in the butternut squash shreds, flour, seasonings and salt and pepper to taste and the cheese. Stir until just combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium high, and working in two or three batches, spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture onto the pan. Flatten them out with your spatula and then use it to create a nice round shaped fritter. Cook about 3 minutes per side on medium heat until golden. Transfer to a paper towel lined platter and repeat with the remaining batter.