I love making this easy dinner. While the spaghetti squash is roasting, I’m prepping the shrimp and it all comes together effortlessly. The flavors are INCREDIBLE and the meal is absolutely hearty considering it has no pasta. Spaghetti squash is an absolutely delicious, gluten free pasta alternative.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Pesto Shrimp + Spaghetti Squash
- 2 small spaghetti squash, halved + seeded
- 3 tbs olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Slice your squash in half and scrape out all the seeds from each piece, with a spoon. Lightly brush each piece on the cut side with the 1 tbs olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet (cut side down) and roast for 45 minutes or until the squash strands are just tender.
- In a bowl, toss your shrimp with 1 tbs olive oil, salt to taste and the chili pepper flakes. Heat a large skillet on medium high and add in the shrimp cooking for one minute per side and then remove quickly from the pan.
- To the same pan, add in the remaining tbs of olive oil and the mushrooms. Saute from 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Next stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, pesto and broth to the pan and stir to combine everything and heat the ingredients through – another few minutes. Promptly remove from the pan and serve over the spaghetti squash strands. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.