This low carb recipe will one hundred percent satiate all your nacho cravings. If you season the cauliflower generously, then you are golden. I have this listed as an appetizer but for me, this is a main entree. It’s got the beans for protein and it is beyond filling.
I used Morton + Bassett Taco Seasoning, but here are the ingredients listed on the bottle that you can throw together and use: ground cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano and pepper. Of course, do not forget to also salt the cauliflower too.
Make sure your cauliflower florets are dry prior to seasoning them and toss them with the oil. Dry equals crispy. You can also air fry these beautiful white trees or make a skillet cauliflower nachos. Just follow our recipe for 10 Minute Skillet Cauliflower and sub in these nachos ingredients as seasonings and toppings.
The Pickled Red Onions are the cherry on the sundae here. The toppings are pretty much all necessary, in my opinion. If you haven’t tried Kewpie Mayo, you don’t know what you’re missing. This sauce is the best part of the entire dish.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs taco seasoning*
- salt to taste
- 15 oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kewpie mayo
- 1 tbs honey
- Sriracha to taste
- Preheat your oven to 420° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop your cauliflower in florets. Toss them with the taco seasoning, salt to taste and olive oil. Spread them out evenly on your baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Sauce: Whisk together the 3 Sauce ingredients.
- Remove them from the oven and push them together. Top with the beans, cheese and jalapeño slices. Pop back in the oven until cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the oven and top with avocado, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, pickled red onions and sauce.
Omg!!! Sooo good.
Second time I made it I didn’t have cauliflower so made with small cabbage wages. Guess what- it was still amazing.
I used less Honey and a lot of sriracha in the Yum Yum.
Great success with the fam!
Hi Sharone, Sounds great with the cabbage too! YUMMMM thanks for trying this out and the kind review!!
Made these healthy nachos and they are so delicious! Instead of using taco seasoning on cauliflower I used Red Hots wing sauce. So good!
Hi Kirby, I like your recommendation! I think i will try that next time! Thanks!
I made the cauliflower nachos for Super Bowl and they were a HUGE hit!!! Thank you so much for this recipe!! 🥰
Hi LInda, glad they were enjoyed on the game day! And thanks for trying them out!
I’m writing this as I’m sat here eating it! OMG… this dish is a taste sensation!! I made my own seasoning (from your notes) and made my own Kewpie mayo (from reg mayo)…wow – I could live off this dish for the rest of my life! This is my new BBQ side dish offering for sure! X
Hi Dannie, I feel you! Its that good! Thanks for giving it a go! Cheers!
OMG – my new favourite lowcarb dinner!
Yay! Love to read that! Thanks for trying out the recipe!