Back when I was a teen and carbs had no meaning to me or my super fast metabolism, I used to love grabbing a slice of white pizza. The cheese and ricotta (without the red sauce) was so very appealing to me. Now that I’m older and carbs take on a whole new role, it’s recipes like this that keep a smile on my face. Eggplant is a wonderful vegetable and this recipe satiates the pizza craving in a low carb environment.
Another super simple recipe to make; just slice up your eggplant, sweat them out and roast. When that’s done, you simply brush with your garlic oil and then top with your cheeses and bake until gooey. This is one you won’t soon forget and will be making again and again on game day or any day.
White Pizza Eggplant Nachos
- 1 large eggplant, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (divided)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbs heaping ricotta cheese
- Garnish: chili pepper flakes + chives
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Wait 15 minutes and then pat them dry with paper towel.
- Transfer slices to baking sheet in a single layer – no overlaps. Evenly sprinkle with half the parmesan cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and flip them all over. Sprinkle with remaining grated parmesan. Bake again for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic and olive oil. Remove pan from oven, form a nachos “mound” and brush the oil mixture all over.
- Lastly, sprinkle with mozzarella, then feta and then dollop on the ricotta cheese in different spots. Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes and back in the oven one more time to melt the cheeses.