I am not lying when I tell you I ate them all by myself. Once you start you just can’t stop. And its definitely all thanks to that saltiness of the feta combined with the sweetness of the vegetable. DO NOT skip the hot honey and if you don’t have hot honey, that’s okay. Just use regular honey and sprinkle with some chili pepper flakes.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Butternut Squash Slices
- 1 small butternut squash (OR large sweet potato)
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- hot honey
- Optional garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice your squash (or sweet potato) into thin rounds (about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick).
- Fit as many rounds onto your baking sheet and spray them lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip each round over. Season each with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with mozzarella and then the crumbled feta and place back in until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining rounds.
- Top with hot honey, fresh cracked black pepper and thyme and enjoy!!