This is the smoothest most satisfying dip. It’s super similar to my Roasted Cauliflower + Feta Dip, which is currently my second favorite. The base ingredients are both fresh roasted veggies paired with a creamy cheese. A beautiful and delectable combination.
The ingredients here are as simple and short as they come! Just grab that butternut squash that’s been sitting on your kitchen counter for weeks begging to be made into anything but just a roasted side. It’s the weekend.. let’s make something outside of the box!
I used goat cheese here and some 5% Greek yogurt to make this dip hella fluffy. The ground nutmeg pairs perfectly with the butternut squash.
Make sure you toast up some pitas or crusty bread loafs for dipping. Keep it carb free with some celery or carrot sticks for the dipping! I love drizzling olive oil on the dip right before I serve it, the more flavor the better. And I definitely recommend some chili pepper flakes. Next time I’m definitely trying some maple syrup on top!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other one of ours, we would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment and rating the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper + garlic powder to taste
- 7 oz goat cheese
- 1/3 cup 5% Greek yogurt
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Optional Toppings: olive oil, fresh thyme, shave Fontina cheese + chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel, de-seed and cube your squash. Transfer to baking sheet and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Spread and roast for 30 minutes. You want it fork tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- To a food processor add the squash and any pan oil, goat cheese, yogurt, a few dashes of nutmeg and salt to taste. Process until smooth, about a minute or so.
- Recommended Option: Transfer the dip to a small baking dish and bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes. Remove and stir. Top with olive oil drizzle, fresh herb, fontina cheese and chili flakes.
- Serve with toasted pita, crostini, tortilla chips or veggie sticks.