We devoured this little lasagna mini. All you need are two medium zucchini and some cheese. The prosciutto is optional and you can even sub it with slices of ham or turkey OR more sauteed veggies. Too easy and delicious not to make!
Make sure you slice your zucchini thin preferably with a mandoline or peeler. Next, layer up that zucchini to over lap each other half way over. Crinkle up your prosciutto to create a little volume. And pour on that cheese because that’s the best part!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Zucchini Lasagna Loaf
- loaf pan (5×9 inch)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp of each garlic powder, onion powder + paprika
- salt to taste
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Trim then slice your zucchini into thin pieces lengthwise. Discard the outer skin slices. In a small plate, whisk together the breadcrumbs, grated parm, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt to taste. Dredge the zucchini in the mixture pressing to adhere as best as possible.
- Start off by sprinkling 1-2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture on the bottom of the pan. Then layer in your loaf pan the zucchini, overlapping each other. Next, add three crinkled slices of prosciutto to cover and then the shredded mozzarella. Repeat once more. Then add a nice layer of zucchini on top, more mozzarella and sprinkle on any remaining breadcrumb mixture, a drizzle of olive oil and the chili pepper flakes to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from oven. Let it set in the pan for 10-15 minutes prior to removing and slicing.