When I tell you I cannot stop eating these, I am not joking. They are absolutely delicious and addictive. If you love spinach pie (aka spanakopita), you will definitely love these. They deliver on all the delicious spinach pie flavors, but you get to use up your bell peppers and keep the dish low carb.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Spanakopita Stuffed Peppers (Low Carb)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 scallions, diced
- 8 oz baby spinach, rough chop
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small bell peppers, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 heaping cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbs dill, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded mozarella
- chilli pepper flakes to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Spray the outside of each bell pepper halve with olive oil to coat with your hands and then transfer to a baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, heat the 2 tbs olive oil on medium. Add in the scallions and stir for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add in the baby spinach and stir for 1 minute to just wilt – season with salt and pepper to taste..
- In a large bowl, lightly beat your egg, then add in the feta, parmesan, breadcrumb and mix to combine. Next, add in the spinach mixture, dill, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Scoop this mixture into your bell pepper halves, cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for another 15 minutes.