This was a brilliant idea we found online at Food Network and is one of Giada DeLaurentis’ recipes. I had always seen a whole head of cauliflower roasted in the oven but never like this.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Stuffed Cauliflower Head
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed of leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz mozzarella block, sliced into thin logs
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb blend
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Grab a small oven safe pan or baking dish.
- Bring a medium pot filled with water to a boil. Add in the cauliflower whole, upside down. Bring back to a boil and set your timer to 10 minutes. Promptly remove the cauliflower and set it aside to slightly cool.
- In a small pan, melt your butter on medium heat. Add in the panko and swirl around to toast golden brown on low heat. Remove from the pan and mix with the grated parmesan and Italian herb blend. Salt to taste too.
- Once the cauliflower is cool enough to touch, gently make space between the florets to insert the mozzarella sticks. This wasn't easy but it is manageable. Any leftover mozzarella, I simply added to the bottom of my baking dish. Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper to taste all over. Place the cauliflower head in your baking dish and top the entire thing with the breadcrumb-parm mixture, pressing down gently on the sides especially. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley, slice and serve.