We all love a good smashed potato recipe but lets jump on the cauliflower with this method. Also who can resist the garlic, parmesan and lemon flavor combination. They take about an hour to make but worth the process and you can easily prepare the rest of the meal while its roasting and getting crispy.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Smashed Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium size florets (not too big not too small)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zested + juiced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, onion powder, Italian herb blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan, lemon wedges, chives
- Preheat your oven to 375℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Add your cauliflower pieces to the pan all in the middle. Pour on the oil, garlic, lemon juice, zest, parmesan, spices, salt and pepper. Toss to coat all pieces well. Spread out evenly and roast in your oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and flip each piece. Place back in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes bump up the oven temp to 475℉. Remove the pan from the oven and using a meat mallet or flat and smooth surface to gently smash the cauliflower. Don't press too hard and too flat – them will come apart. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes to brown and crisp.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan, lemon wedges to squeeze on and chives.