If you’re asking yourself why make these cauliflower steaks.. the answer is why not? They are quicker to slice up and easier to prep with the oil mixture. You only have to slice the head three times – make sure its in half first though. They will look adorable on your table or plate next to chicken or real steak lol.
So I had this cauliflower on death’s door and I needed a healthyish snack so this was born. I’m so glad I decided to try this version. They were crispy on the outside and perfectly spiced. I ate mine without cheese and it was amazing aka vegan version.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the recipe! All the best and LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Cauliflower Steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional: fresh parsley garnish
- Preheat your oven or air fryer to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, grated parmesan, spices and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the leaves from the bottom of your cauliflower and leave the stalk in place. Slice the cauliflower in half. Then slice those two pieces in half to create your 'steaks'. Transfer them to your baking sheet and brush all over (top, bottom and sides) with the mixture from step 2. Air fry or bake until the stalk is fork tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes for air fryer (flip half way through), 20 minutes for the oven. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place back in the oven until melted.