I’m truly thankful to Justine Snacks for introducing us to this Butter Board trend. This is a super fun way to create your own little masterpiece of deliciousness to serve to your guests. Its like art on a board.
When I saw this video on TikTok, I immedialty thought of an incredibly delicious dip I had in Greece this summer. It was like nothing I’ve had before, so I of course, asked the staff what was in it. I always do that. So this feta base is a similar recipe to that dip.
Although the dip I had in Greece had Anthotyro instead of feta cheese. Anthotyro is a cheese made with whey and either sheeps or goat milk. It is next level Greek cheese. And I actually found it at the Greek store near me but didn’t use it in my recipe here since most people can’t find it.
My first tip for this recipe is definitely wait 10 minutes for the olive mixture to cool off so that it won’t melt the feta spread off the board. My second tip is definitely keep the hot honey handy. This is a salty dish with the feta and the olives so the honey provides the PERFECT balance!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Creamy Feta Board with Lemon Roasted Artichokes + Olives
Lemon Roasted Artichokes + Olives
- 8 oz whole artichoke hearts, halved
- 1½ cups mixed Greek olives, pitted
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 large lemon, quartered
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 1 block feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 2 tbs cream cheese, room temp.
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- lots of hot honey
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- edible flowers
- pita chips, crostini or vegetable sticks to serve
Lemon Roasted Artichokes + Olives:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Toss your artichokes, olives, shallot, garlic, olive oil and chili pepper flakes to coat. Next in the lemon wedges and top with the oregano. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- You can line your board with parchment or just bare, like I did.
- In a small food processor, combine the feta, cream cheese and mayo. Pulse until its smooth and fluffy. You will have to stop and push the ingredients down. Transfer to your refrigerator while you wait for the olives and artichokes.
- Once your ready to serve, spread the feta out on the cutting board using the back of a spoon to make indents. Top with your olives and artichokes and drizzle with your hot honey and sesame seeds. Serve with pita chips or crostini.