Everything in this salad is 100 percent delicious. But the best part is the salad dressing. It is creamy, lemony tangy goodness. Of course the crispy bacon and well seasoned chicken add more yummy flavors but this dressing is to die for. The chicken is seasoned with salt, onion and garlic powders and grilled to juicy perfection in a pan.
The soft boiled eggs and avocado add another layer of creaminess too. I almost forgot to mention the chives – my personal favorite herb on the planet. Everything comes together to form this incredible salad. You will not regret making this one!
So if you’re prepping this salad ahead of time for an event or your weeks meals, please prepare your dressing separately from your salad and add to the ingredients as needed.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other on our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Epic Cobb Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, zested + juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 soft boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1.5 cups mini tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 8 strips bacon, sliced
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- salt, garlic powder + onion powder to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In the bottom of your very large salad bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust anything you like.
- Cook your bacon in a large non stick skillet until crispy. Remove from the pan and use a paper towel to wipe it clean.
- Slice your chicken breasts in half lengthwise, to produce to flat cutlets. Season both sides with salt, onion and garlic powders to taste. Cook on the same skillet, oiled, for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes and then chop it up into large cubes.
- Add all of the ingredients to your salad bowl and toss to coat.