The combination of smashing the Brussel sprouts and dipping them in cheese is a beautiful creation. The crunch and extra cheese are amazing here and well worth the extra step.
These are again, super simple to make. All you need to do is stem and boil the brussel sprouts in boiling salted water. Take them out before they have fully gotten tender, you want smashed not mashed. Toss them with the ingredients listed below, smash them and lastly dunk them in your favorite cheese.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crispy Parmesan Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. In this recipe I prefer not to line my sheet pan with parchment to get them crispy, but many people have stated that it didn't work out for them so I urge you to do what feels right.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tsp salt and your brussel sprouts to the pot. Boil until tender and bright green but not full cooked – about 7-8 minutes. Drain and dry the brussel sprouts.
- Add the brussel sprouts, olive oil, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste to a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the brussel sprouts to your baking sheet and use a small glass to smash them flat.
- House the freshly grated parmesan in a shallow bowl and take each brussel sprout and dip one side into the cheese. Place them cheese down on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with fresh parsley and more freshly grated parmesan on top.