This sweet and savory side dish is my favorite way to consume all the good nutrients. It seriously tastes so good. Who knew eating veggies could be so pleasurable?
On this day I had eggplant, brussel sprouts, carrots, bell peppers, jalapeño and red onion. You can add in whatever you have in your fridge, like zucchini, mushrooms or sweet potato. The best way to do this is to chop you veggies of choice into chunks. Not too small and not too big.
The most important aspect of this recipe is not to over roast these. They will be become mushy. Serve with some rice or your protein of choice.
Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled + chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in chunks
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer all your veggies to the pan and toss them with the olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste to coat. Spread them out on the pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- In a small container, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour on the balsamic mixture. Toss gently, spread out and roast again for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.