I love the simplicity and ease of this dish. It covers the three food groups deliciously. Make sure you use a medium sized pasta like cavatappi, penne or fusilli. It will best suit this dish. I used gemelli pasta. As far as the veggie add in goes, I had some asparagus on hand but you can use mushrooms, brussel sprouts, peppers, etc. Anything that’s bite size and cooks relatively fast. Not only is it healthy but it adds color and beauty to the dish!
The main ingredients in this dish are the lemon and olive oil. Make sure you use those liberally. We added two lemons and the flavor was just right. But always taste the dish and adjust, you may want it lemonier than me. I prepared the dish as described below and definitely drizzled more olive oil when serving for a saucier feel. Nothing can take the place of some delicious liquid gold.
My best friend when it comes to pasta, is cheese. Nothing better than freshly grated Parmigianno Regiano. Use what you have and enjoy this light pasta dish!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this or any other dish from the site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate and comment! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb medium sized pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, garlic powder + onion powder to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Cook your pasta in salted water, al dente according to package instructions.
- Slice your chicken breasts into 3 thick strips. Season them all over with salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Heat a large pan on medium high and add the chicken strips. Cook on all sides until golden and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside onto a cutting board, allow to rest 5 minutes and slice into bite size chunks.
- To the same pan, add 2 tbs olive oil and cook your asparagus, garlic, chili pepper flakes and salt to taste, until crisp tender. Remove pan from the burner and add the cooked pasta, lemon juice and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and add in the chicken pieces, parmesan, parsley and remaining olive oil – toss everything to coat. Serve with more grated parmesan, lemon wedges and olive oil.