I’m not even joking when I say that this tastes exactly like Chipotle’s rice, except fresher. And it’s beyond easy to throw together. Again, the best things are the simplest things. Please make sure you taste at the end to see if you would like more lime present or more salt.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipes! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 tbs butter (or olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt to taste
- 1 large lime, zested + juiced
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large pan with a lid, heat your butter to melt and rice. Toss it around to coat everything for about 1-2 minutes. Toss in your garlic and swirl around for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Lower your heat to simmer and cover the pan. Cook your rice as per package instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, toss in your lime juice, zest and cilantro. Taste and adjust salt and lime if needed.