Spicy Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Its quick, fun and delicious, need I say more?
A delicious dairy free sauce to top your salmon and rice. I love this bowl so much for the flavors all go so well with each other. The sauce is creamy and sweet thanks to those caramelized leeks and they work perfectly with the spicyness of the fish.
If you like this, you will definitely enjoy my CRISPY SPICY SALMON BOWLS or my CRISPY SALMON TACOS or my SWEET + SPICY SALMON or my SPINACH + FETA STUFFED SALMON.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Salmon with Coconut Avocado Sauce
- 1 large leek, sliced thin + rinsed well
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 avocados, quartered
- 14 oz canned coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1.75 lbs salmon,
- salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika + dried oregano to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Easy Cilantro Lime Rice
- In a large pan, heat your oil on medium and add in your leaks. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they break down. Stir in your garlic for 30 seconds then add in the avocados, coconut milk and salt to taste. Mix everything around and break down your avocado for about 2-3 minutes then transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Remove the skin from your salmon pieces then slice into large cubes. Season generously with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and oregano, then toss gently with a spoon to coat everything.
- Wipe down the same pan you used for the sauce and use that. Heat your oil and then add in the salmon chunks. Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145° F. Transfer to a paper towel lined platter when finished.
Calories: 748kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 1767mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg
This came out so yummy! Another great recipe!
what another milk can we use.