We love to make this for a snack. It’s easy to mix up and turns up super crispy crunchy. Its totally customizable, you can add any toppings you have on hand, like mozzarella, zucchini shreds, onions, mushroom, pepperoni, etc.
I love to make this with lots of flavor added in since the main batter is simply made with flour, water, salt and pepper. The add in/toppings are essential. I would recommend feta cheese, olives, tomatoes (but squeeze out the excess liquids), same with zucchini, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, etc.
What makes this flatbread crunchy and crispy is the corn meal sprinkled on the bottom of the pan and on the top. You can use dried mint or oregano. And basically bake it until it gets golden brown and crispy.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Crunchy Flatbread
- 12" round pan
- 1½ cups + 1 tbs flour
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1 tbs corn meal
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Spray a 12" pan with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Next mix in the cheese, tomatoes, olives. Sprinkle a little corn flour on the bottom of the pan. Then pour on the batter evenly. Sprinkle top with corn flour, dried mint and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then slice and enjoy.