Once you see this post and video you can’t unsee it. I’m telling you this is one of my favorite ways to create cauliflower. It’s so extra and yet so simple to make. The flavors all pair so seemlessly with one another.
Firstly, the simple combination of cornmeal, milk and oil will give you a super crunchy little floret. Secondly, while that’s baking away, you want to whip up your sauce. Again, easy to throw together with ingredients you probably already have on hand: chicken broth, lemon juice, honey (or maple syrup), rice vinegar, garlic and corn starch.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crunchy Sticky Lemon Cauliflower (Gluten Free)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk (of choice)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 large lemon, zested + juiced
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 4 tsp tapioca flour (or corn starch)
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, milk and oil. Toss your florets in to coat. Transfer them to the baking tray and spread out. Roast for 17-20 minutes or until crusty.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce in a medium pan, combine the broth, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, garlic and salt to taste. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Once warmed through, add in the cornstarch and keep whisking until the sauce thickens. Remove promptly and toss with your roasted cauliflower. Top with the lemon zest and serve.