Easy Custard Yogurt Tortillas
So basically I married the trend of yogurt toasts with the Baked Egg Tortilla recipe I made last week. Which, if you haven’t tried yet, you HAVE to get on it! But this is a sweet version. It worked out so beautifully. Like creamy delicious faux cheesecake filling inside of a toasted tortilla.
The ingredients are so simple and you probably have them all at home right now. To make two small custard pies, all you need is 2 medium sized flour tortillas, an egg, 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, a pinch of salt and your topping of choice.
You can use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, dark chocolate, white chocolate. Garnish with Cinnamon or powdered sugar. If you have a kitchen torch, you can sprinkle some white sugar on top and create a creme brulee effect. My son (who’s THE pickiest) loved them!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Yogurt Custard Tortillas
- 2 medium flour tortillas (6½" diameter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- pinch salt
- berries or chocolate chips for toppings
- cinnamon or powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350°F. Grab two small baking dishes/ramekins (5×4") and place the tortillas in each, push down so that the edges come up along the sides of the dish.
- To a medium bowl lightly beat your egg. Mix in the yogurt, maple syrup and salt until completely smooth. Divide and pour the mixture between the two baking dishes. Top with your chocolate or berries and bake for about 15 minutes. Turn the temp up to 400°F. and continue to bake until set, about 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, wait 5 minutes and then sprinkle with cinnamon (or powdered sugar).
These were a great simple sweet treat. I don’t think I mixed mine smooth enough before putting them into the oven, and even when I thought I ruined them, they still tasted really good. I used a dairy free thick yogurt because of food allergies. These are such a great idea!
Oh okay, yeas, the mixture needs to be uniform in texture and smooth. Thanks for trying it and I appreciate your tip with the dairy free yogurt!
Hi! Should I store these in the fridge?
Hi Amaya, Yes, definitely store in the fridge.