Harvest Salad in Crispy Tortilla Bowls
These are my favorite simply because its the ideal transitional salad from summer to fall and BONUS, you get to eat the bowl when you’re done! My family absolutely loved this concept. Just make sure you watch the tortillas at the end; one of mine burned. Also, if you don’t have an air fryer this also works in a mini oven or oven.
The ingredients are simple and go together so well. You can add in chicken too or sub in any cheese you have on hand. I also didn’t have pumpkin seeds aka pepitas, so I used sunflower seeds. The dressing is also a great recipe to have on hand for that lighter ranch flavor.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Harvest Salad with Crispy Tortilla Bowls
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled + diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 strips bacon, cooked + chopped
- 1½ cups sweet corn kernels
- 10 oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 3 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 2 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill
- 5 tbs milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Toss your sweet potato with olive oil and seasonings. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until they get a little brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to add more milk to get it to a drippy dressing consistency. Also taste it and make sure the flavor is good. Adjust any seasonings, lime juice or salt if needed.
Crispy Tortilla Bowls:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Place a tortilla into a medium sized round oven safe dish, so that it form a bowl shape. Its okay if the sides fold. Air fry for 4 minutes. Remove and repeat with the rest of the tortillas.