Out of all the salmon recipes I have tried in my life, this is the one we always go back to. Why? Because it produces the most flavorFULL fish, tender and it’s beyond easy to make. You can choose to marinate or not. It still comes out amazing if you don’t.
Lemon juice, zest, garlic and spices are the winning combination here. Adding in the tsatziki is the best part though. You haven’t had salmon, till you’ve had it with some tsatziki. I’m telling you, it is bomb and it’s an extra pack of protein to boot. The absolute KEY to making the tsatziki is to make it in advance. The ingredients need to time to meld together. Make it at least 30 minutes in advance of serving it.
The Greek chopped salad aspect of this recipe is SO refreshing and delicious. Easy to throw together while the fish is roasting in the oven. Everything here just pairs so beautifully and seamlessly with the lemony garlicky salmon.
You can serve this with some rice or french fries for a starch accompaniment. Keep it low carb and eat it as pictured, and trust me, it is just as filling and satiating.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Lemon Garlic Greek Salmon
- 1.5 lbs wild salmon fillets*
- 2.5 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + zested
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups Tsatziki
Chopped Greek Salad:
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 420°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients (except the fish).
- Pat your salmon fillets dry and place on your baking sheet. Pour the marinade over the fish and brush it all over. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part is 145°F (internal temp).
Chopped Greek Salad:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.