Mushroom and Spinach Zucchini Lasagna Loaf
You will not regret making this super easy Zucchini Lasagna Loaf. Its incredibly delicious, healthy and light. I personally felt like I was eating pasta in every bite.
Last year when I made my viral EASY ZUCCHINI LASAGNA LOAF, literally everyone asked me for a VEGETARIAN version so I finally decided to create it. This, in my opinion is SO much better than the last one.
You can cook this in an air fryer or your oven. I like to let it get crispy and golden on top so I let it cook for 30-35 minutes on top. A nice plentiful top layer of breadcrumbs parm is a must.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Mushroom and Spinach Zucchini Lasagna Loaf
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 2 scallions, diced
- 8 oz baby spinach
- salt + pepper to taste
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- garlic powder, onion powder to taste
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or almond flour)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt
Optional Garnish: Chili Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Line a 9×5" bread loaf pan with parchment paper. LIGHTLY drizzle the bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Trim then slice your zucchini into thin pieces lengthwise. Discard the outer skin slices. Lay them out on a paper towel.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and saute your scallions for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add in the baby spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until just about completely wilted. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. To the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and add in your mushrooms. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Whisk together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, Italian herb blend, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Sprinkle 2 tbs of the this mixture to the bottom of your loaf pan.
- Dredge each slice of zucchini front and back, pressing to adhere the crust mixture to each piece as you go and assemble the lasagna layers.
- First add a zucchini layer of about 4-5 slices of zucchini, with the pieces overlapping. Next add half the spinach evenly over. Next add half the mushrooms over the spinach. Then add one third of the shredded mozzarella. Repeat this once more. Gently push down the lasagna with your palm.
- Last layer is the zucchini topped with mozzarella and the remaining CRUST mixture. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it set in the pan for 10 minutes prior to removing and slicing. Optional garnish: Chili pepper flakes
I just made this ! Delicious! Thank you
Hi Arlene, thanks so much for trying it out! Glad it was a win and thanks for the kind feedback!
Easy and delicious
Hi Sarah, glad you liked it -and thanks for trying it out!
I loved this!! except mine was a little watery. any suggestions??
HI Patricia, Make sure your zucchini is sliced super thin and you can let the slices sit on some paper towel for 10 minutes. You can salt them to sweat them out, but I don’t think you need to. Ive made this several times and never had a watery issue. Also make sure there is plenty of the breadcrumbs mixture on the bottom to soak up any water. Hope this helps!
this was as good as promised! used baby kale because it was on sale, fresh garlic in place of scallions garlic powder as they were what i had and whole wheat crumbs. Amazing! thank you!
This was so good, I’ll be doubling the recipe next time!
Hi Jo, smart move to double it!!
Made this today and boy oh boy it is soooo delicious. Will definitely be revisiting this recipe again. 🤤😋
HI Courtney, glad you tried it and liked it! Thanks so much!
Out of this world delicious!!!! I didn’t have scallions, but I added fresh garlic ( lots of it) you don’t even miss the noodles it’s that good. I will be making this monthly. Looking forward to trying many more of your recipes ❤️
Hi Jamie, exactly – pasta isn’t even missed!!! Thanks for the kind feedback!
Hi Gina, I agree!!