Pretty much a charcuterie board in a salad and I don’t mind one bit! The Italian dressing is very tasty and necessary for this salad. Everything pairs perfectly and the best part is that you probably have most of these items in your fridge or pantry. No real cooking necessary.
I went with iceberg lettuce here, which I will admit is not my usual go to lettuce. But I felt like that was the one that would keep it old school and true to form. I really enjoyed it by the way. I’m now seeing a proper wedge salad in my near future. I also am really loving the radicchio in this salad, it adds a bitterness that levels up dish.
The garbanzo beans/chickpeas should be drained, rinsed and dried. They add some extra protein and are nutrient packed. The salami, provolone cheese and olives are the ideal ingredients to add to an Italian salad.
This is a simple and delicious Italian salad dressing to pair with your yummy salad. Its fairly basic with olive oil and red wine vinegar taking center stage. The mustard, garlic, honey and freshly grated Parmesan cheese are great accompaniments though.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this recipe or any other on the site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Italian Chopped Salad
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb salami, peeled + sliced (or cubed)
- 1/2 lb provolone, cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 head radicchio, sliced
- 15 oz chickpeas, drained, rinsed + dried
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 6 pepperoncini, sliced
- Make the dressing first by whisking all of the ingredients together until smooth. Taste the dressing and adjust the flavors if necessary. Let the sit the flavors meld together while you prepare the salad ingredients.
- Toss everything to coat in the dressing and serve with fresh Italian bread.