Speed and flavor are both my pursuits when it comes to dinner recipes. This delivers on both parts. I typically use lemons with these types of dishes and the lime is definitely a refreshing new best friend! It definitely gives off Margarita cocktail vibes.
If you know me, you know I love seafood because it is light and delicious and always leaves me feeling full but not stuffed. The garlic, lime, honey and butter are such a yummy combination and you can easily make this dairy free by subbing in olive oil for the butter in the sauce recipe.
This salmon goes ideally with some rice and grilled vegetables. We love pouring the sauce on the accompaniments. Or you can also serve this fish with my Maroulosalata or my Lahanosalata or my Spicy Crunch Salad.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Margarita Salmon Recipe
- 1.5 lbs wild salmon
- olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or olive oil)
For the Salmon:
- OVEN: Preheat to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide your salmon into 4 filets. Pat them dry and then lightly drizzle them with olive oil – brush it all over. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 17 minutes or until internal temperature reads 145℉. Time varies with thickness and size of fillets.
- AIR FRYER: Preheat to 400℉. and cook for 7-9 minutes or until internal temp reads 145℉ (time varies with size of filets).
For the Sauce:
- You can use a blender to puree the lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Then slowly add the melted butter in with the motor running, and blend until it thickens – 15 to 30 seconds. (I simply whisked the lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper until combined. I used a frother to blend in the butter).
- Once the salmon is cooked, transfer to your plates, pour the sauce on and serve!