Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
A delicious take on fast food that’s way more delicious, healthier and easy to throw together.
We couldn’t stop eating these nuggets. First of all, as with all of my recipes, this is so easy to throw together. Secondly, YOU DO NOT MISS THE BREADCRUMBS at all. I promise you. They taste like they have the breadcrumbs. I really hope you try them because you will love them and especially the dip is our fast favorite with fries and these nuggets.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! Now LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder + paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs potato starch (or tapioca starch or corn starch)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the Coating ingredients with a whisk.
- In a large bowl combine the Nuggets ingredients with you hands until just incorporated. Form your nuggets into small or medium flat ovals; I dropped meat clumps into the coating mixture and then formed the oval shapes and then flattened them on the baking sheet. Spray the tops of the nuggets with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes then flip. Bake for 10 more minutes. Time varies with the size of your nuggets. I formed medium sized nuggets (not too small). Keep in mind they shrink when baked. Mine took a total of 25 minutes to cook.
Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 306mg | Sodium: 1786mg | Potassium: 1325mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 2mg
Ν’σαι καλα Αννα μου!!!
Απλά ΥΠΕΡΟΧΑ !!!!!
Τελεια!! Σε ευχαριστω για το μηνημα!!
Love these nuggets so much!! Flavor is perfection, and they are juicy/tender!! Only wish is they were more crispy on outside..I used arrowroot, perhaps that’s why. Are they supposed to be crispy?
Sauce is yummy too!!
These are EXCELLENT! I ended up baking them in the oven for 10 minutes then Air Frying for 10 minutes and they are exceptional. Any idea on how to make large batches and freezing for future use?
Sounds like my next plan! Thanks for sharing with us and I’m glad you enjoyed!!!
Can I use breadcrumbs instead?
Umm, okay, I ate almost all of them! I could not stop either, haha. So easy to make, so delicious. I did not have potato starch or tapioca starch, I used arrowroot and it was fine. As always, thank you for your recipes, so good!!
Thats awesome Lucy!! Glad they were enjoyed and I thank you for the rating!
I’ve been making these about once a week! They are amazing! My family loves them! Thank you!
Hi Sharon, I’m so happy they are loved by the whole family! Thanks for trying them and happy holidays!
Very good recipe, thank you, I succeed at first try and my family and I loved these nuggets. like those at “restaurant with a clown”.
hahahahaha that’s good I think!!!
I would love to try, could I make these in the air fryer and if so, how long?
Hi Rebecca, absolutely cook them in the air fryer! I would do 7 minutes per side.
I love all your recipes. These were delicious! I used panko 🙂
Love these just tried these today and they were a hit with my kids! Thank you
Hi Bella, Glad the kidds liked them!! Thanks for trying out the recipe!!
I would like to try this recipe tomorrow. but here in Lebanon, we don’t have the starch that you posted. what can I use instead?.
Hi Leina! Just use regular all purpose flour! Enjoy!