I’m calling this ‘meaty’ because when you bite into it, it feels like you’re eating a piece of chicken or meat. Its crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. My kids and I couldn’t stop eating it. You can enjoy this as a side or as a main, yes its that good!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1¼ cups panko
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian blend seasonings
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- Dip: Lazy Tzatziki
- Preheat your oven to 360° F.
- Bring a large pot with salted water to a boil. Cut your cauliflower into medium sized florets; not too small not too big. Add them to the pot, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to dry and cool to handle.
- In 3 separate shallow dishes house your eggs, your tapioca starch and the third, whisk together your panko, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasonings, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste and pecorino cheese. Dredge your cauliflower in the starch first, then egg, and lastly the panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Place on your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.