Save this recipe it will come in handy for almost all your fish preparing needs. The recipe will work well with cod, halibut or mahi mahi as well. Its so easy to prepare. You most likely have all the sauce ingredients on hand and most importantly, its SO delicious!
You can add in your lemon juice at the beginning or the end. In trying both methods, I prefer adding it in at the end; it just tasted slightly less bitter to me. But both were delicious. I really enjoyed the capers at the end. You can mash them with your fork and kind of mix them into your sauce. Amazing.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Lemon Butter Swordfish
- 1.5 lbs swordfish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup cooking white wine (or chicken broth)
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbs capers, for serving
- Rinese and pat dry your fish filets with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high and add in the oil. Sear your fish for 6 minutes. Flip the fillets over and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Next, melt the butter in the pan. Add in the wine, herbs and garlic. Lower the heat to medium low and allow the sauce to reduce slightly – about 4 minutes. Add the juice of half the lemon and stir for one minute. Internal temperature of the fish should be 145° F. Serve with capers, lemon slices from the other half of the lemon and the sauce spooned over the fish.