Cheesy Crispy Broccoli ‘Steaks’
This is a follow up to my very popular and VIRAL Cheesy Cauliflower Steaks recipe. Everyone is loving that dish so much I decided to create a broccoli version.
This method is so simple to prep. Instead of taking 5-10 minutes to chop into small florets, you simply slice the heads in half and then coat them with the oil mixture (front and back) – it does not get easier. If you’re trying to keep the dish lower fat content, the last cheddar cheese step is totally optional.
Since I had 4 broccoli stalks on hand, I decided to air fry half and roast the other half. I definitely recommend the air frying method. They came out delicious both ways but the cheddar cheese in the air fryer was next level.
This recipe will work with just the crowns if you can’t find the full broccoli stalk and crown pictured here. Just slice the head in half and coat the entire piece with your cheesy oil mixture. Roast until the bottom is nice and browned. Then top with your cheese slice of choice and bake until melted.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this or any other recipe from our site, we would appreciate you leaving a comment and rating the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Broccoli Steaks
- 2 small broccoli heads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese (or Nutritional Yeast)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- optional: fresh parsley garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450° F. or your air fryer to 425° F.
- Rinse your broccoli heads with water and dry as best you can. Slice them in half lengthwise. Peel the stalk if present.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, Parmesan cheese, spices until incorporated. First brush the cut side of each piece with the mixture, then flip them over and brush the other side well. Roast or air fry them cut side down for 10 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 425°F. for the remaining duration – about 15-20 more minutes. You want the cut side down to be browned. Remove the pan from oven and place a cheese slice or shreds on top of each broccoli crown. Place back in oven until cheese is melted.
What does kcal mean?
It’s so easy and delicious to make. I love my life (and you)
Hi Morten, Yay!and love you too!
You are so fun and Amazing. The food you make is simple and so delicious and healthy. Keep ‘Em coming.
Thank you for doing this!!!
Hi Liz, you are VERY kind and thank you for the sweet message!