If you know Hungry Happens, you know we like simple and delicious recipes around here. This one works for me! I had one black super large ripe banana and I hate throwing things out, so I made this small batch recipe of six. It’s perfect for someone who doesn’t have a big family or is the only one in the house with a banana obsession. That would be me! They are very super moist, soft and delicious!
If you have two bananas, you can double the recipe and use a full egg instead of two egg whites. We used coconut sugar, but feel free to use any type you have on hand. Also, we used avocado oil but you can sub that with melted and cooled coconut oil, sunflower oil, olive oil or melted and cooled butter. This recipe also works with gluten free flour or regular all purpose flour. If you have rolled or old fashioned oats, you can make your own oat flour in the food processor.
Feel free to use any add ins, like walnuts, raisins, dates or chocolate chips like me. Another great move is to slather some peanut butter on them.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Banana Small Batch Healthy Muffins
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs + 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your muffin tray with liners or spray with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash your banana. Stir in the sugar, egg white and oil and mix until mostly combined. Add in the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter your muffin tray and bake until a toothpick comes out clean about 17 minutes. Allow to cool in the muffin tray for 10 minutes before removing them to the cooling rack.