This is truly and simple and beyond delicious dinner you can throw together quickly and it tastes gourmet. I am a big fan of sweet potatoes so of course, this is my new chicken go -to for sure. The butter and honey make this taste incredible but if you want to make it dairy free, you can sub in more olive oil instead.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe!! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Honey Chicken + Sweet Potatoes
- 4 chicken thighs bone in + skin on
- salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder + Italian herb seasoning to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter (divided)
- 4 tbs honey (divided)
- 1 heaping tbs Dijon
- 1 extra large sweet potato, peeled + cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Pat your chicken pieces dry with a paper towel. Season both sides generously with salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic pwder and Italian herb seasoning blend.
- Heat a really large oven safe skillet on medium and add in the olive oil, 1 tbs butter and 2 tbs honey. Sear your chicken pieces – about 3 minutes per side to get a nice crust on them. Make room in the center of the pan to add in the remaing 1 tbs butter and 2 tbs honey and Dijon. Mix it together to melt and then add in the sweet potate and onion pieces. Season them with some chili powder and Italian seasoning and mix to coat them in the honey. Cook for a few more minutes then carefully transfer the pan to your oven to roast for 15-20 minutes.