So let’s talk about some easy prep work here. I buy my pesto pre-made at Whole Foods so this recipe is just another tasty, easy to make, pesto hack.
Get in there with your hands and toss the florets with the other ingredients. You want to make sure all cauliflower is coated well.
Spread the florets out so that none are touching to insure a crispy texture and even roast. Take them out of the oven when they look golden brown to brown in color.
Serve hot with some chopped, fresh basil and chili pepper flakes (if you enjoy a little heat).
Roasted Pesto Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer florets to the baking sheet and form a mountain. Drizzle with olive oil, salt to taste and the pesto. Toss everything with your hands, to coat WELL. Spread all florets out on the pan and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and gather up the florets in a pile. Sprinkle with the pecorino and then gently spread out again. Place back in the oven for a few minutes.