I have been experimenting with banana bread recipes for the past 10 years. Why?Because I always have extra ripe bananas that I won’t eat but hate throwing away. So this is it. I’m done searching. Yes, it’s that good. Super fluffy, so freakin moist and beyond delicious in taste. The sour cream is an important ingredient here. As is the lemon juice – the acidity from the lemon interacts with the baking soda and acts as a leavening agent in cakes and breads.
Since this is your new FOREVER base banana bread recipe, feel free to include your own personal add ins like walnuts, blueberries, cinnamon, chocolate chips, etc. I like mine plain and to the point. Served with some coffee: total breakfast perfection.
A very important aspect of any banana bread recipe is not to over mix the batter. An over mixed batter will result in a thick rubbery loaf. And no one has time for that!
Super Moist Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat your butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet, half a cup at a time, until all is incorporated. The dough will be stiff – thats ok.
- Lastly, fold in your sour cream and mashed bananas until a smooth silky batter exists. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Transfer batter to your loaf pan, spread out evenly and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool 10 minutes in pan and then another 15 minutes on a cooling rack.