I’m always on the lookout for quick simple snacks that require very few ingredients that are all whole and you probably already have in your kitchen. This definitely hits those spots.
I’m going to greatly stress to you that this is not a traditional banana bread recipe. As you can tell from the ingredient list, it contains a very minimal amount of sweetener. If you would like a traditional banana bread recipe, please check out my delicious Super Moist Banana Bread. You will not be disappointed.
What you can do, is toss in sugar free chocolate chips, nuts, raisins or seeds to add some flavor.To finish this snack off, I like to serve it with some almond or peanut butter spread on top. Again, this is a protein and nutrient dense snack. And comes together so quickly in your blender or food processor. You can also use oat flour and mix the ingredients in a bowl.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bread
- 3 medium bananas, over ripe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients, in the order above, to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Mixture will be liquidy and that's okay.
- Pour the batter into your pan and bake for around 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan at least 20 minutes prior to transferring to cooling rack. And then allow to cool another 20 minutes prior to slicing.