All of these ingredients are raw, whole, nutrient-based, and great companions to one another. Prior to making this salad, I had never uncooked beets. I always boiled or roasted them. Another option to slicing them into match sticks is coarsely shredding them on your grater.
I typically add shredded carrots to my salads on average. It is a constant ingredient because it adds a delicious sweetness to any dish. I was happy to find different colored carrots at the market – as they say: eat the rainbow!
I added fresh herbs, which is typical to add to salads in Greece as well. Try to make sure it’s finely chopped so that you’re not chewing on large herb leaves – unless you’re into that sort of thing. I used fresh parsley and mint. Again, so many nutrients and vitamins and FLAVOR. Avocado is a welcomed creamy addition to add to this salad as well.
Lastly, every healthy salad incorporates some nuts or seeds in the mix. I used pine nuts and Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s. Amazing flavor. Although my favorites are sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other recipe from our site, we would appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
American French Girl Salad
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium beet peeled + sliced into matchsticks
- 3 radishes sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots peeled + shredded
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 1 tbs Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- splash orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- SOFT HARD BOILED EGG: Place your eggs in a small pot and cover with cool water. Bring water to a boil and then lower the heat to medium low and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and place them in cold water. When cool enough to handle, remove the shells under running water (it's easier for the shell to come off this way).
- Assemble your salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, OJ, salt and pepper to taste, until smooth.