Avocado Egg Toasts
This quick lunch is creamy delicious and will only take you 15 minutes to throw together. I personally like my hard boiled egg yolky and jammy and undercooked but you can prep the egg the nigh before and add it into the ‘salad’ when you’re ready to eat! I truly hope you try this yummy recipe out!
This recipe is for two people, so if you’re making this for yourself and can’t finish both slices, I would suggest making one toast and adding some lemon juice to the remaining salad. This will prevent it from browning, as all avocado does once sliced. However I find that if you add lemon juice, transfer to your air tight container, and then add some plastic wrap to the top of that and pack it down. THEN cover it with its lid and store it in the fridge, THIS will prevent the browning.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Avocado Egg Toasts
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbs olive oil (or butter)
- 1 avocado
- 1 soft boiled egg (or hard boiled)
- 3 tbs Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz burrata ball
- 6 small Calabrian chiles (or sundried tomatoes)
- garnish with chili pepper flakes
- In a pan, heat up your oil and then add the bread to the pan. Crisp up the bread on both sides. You may need to add more oil when you flip them over.
- In a small bowl, mash up your avocado, egg, yogurt and salt and pepper to taste. Spread this mixture on top of your toasts. Break apart your burrata and drop pieces onto the toasts. Place the chilis on the toasts and sprinkle with chili pepper flakes.
I’m addicted to this! So easy and delicious!
I’m the same way with this one! Too easy and good to pass up!
I just made this today and we devoured it!! My husband wanted more. We didn’t have sourdough so just used Dave’s bread and it was still legit delicious!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
Hi Georgette, I love this on pita bread too! Glad you both enjoyed the toasts!!