The dish is all about the dipping. I like to get some fresh bread and dip it in or make some rice and pour the juice on. This is the way I was raised to eat. Always on the dip.
So the brining part is optional but definitely recommended. You will need 1/4 cup salt and warm water. Stir to dissolve the salt in the lukewarm (not hot) water and then add in your chicken pieces. Let them sit on the counter for at least 15 minutes. This one small step will make a for a delicious and juicy chicken piece.
We got the chicken, some spices, the feta, tomatoes and spices on that. You can literally slide these both in the oven at the same time and be done in no time. You don’t want to bake the feta first because it will solidify while your chicken cooks. Make sure its the last thing that comes out of the oven. I throw in my chicken first (10-15 minute head start) so that it has time to rest too.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Chicken and Feta Dinner
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tbs melted butter (or oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 block feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- chili pepper flakes, salt + pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch oregano
- Fill a large bowl with 4 cups of lukewarm water (not hot) and stir in 1/4 cup salt. Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture for at least 15 minutes on the counter. Remove the meat from the salt water and rinse with cold water. Pat them dry with some paper towels and transfer to your baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. In a small bowl, whisk together the seasonings in the Chicken Ingredients section.
- Once your chicken is patted dry, brush the breasts, front and back with the oil. Season the chicken with the mixture, front and back. Bake for 15-20 minutes (time depends on the thickness of your chicken). Internal temperature should read 165 F. Once done, allow it to rest covered for 5 minutes prior to slicing.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium baking dish. Coat the tomatoes with the oil as best you can. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Feta needs to be softened and scoopable.
- MAKE SURE YOU POUR THE JUICES FROM THE BAKED FETA + TOMATOES DISH ONTO YOUR SLICED CHICKEN!