So this is the cousin of BABA GANOUSH, but instead of eggplant we are opting for the good green stuff: zucchini, which is a vegetable I just can’t get enough of. I also added feta to my dip, of course, because feta always makes it betta. Sorry I have to say that.
So your going to peel and then saute the small chunks of your zucchini in some olive oil to get rid of all the water it contains. This process takes about 10 minutes and you want to be careful and keep your heat on medium. Next let them cool in a plate for 10 minutes and then process them with the rest of your ingredients. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Zucchini Feta Dip
- 3 large zucchini, peeled + diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3.5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs greek yogurt
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch of paprika
- drizzle olive oil
- chili pepper flakes
- parsley, chopped
- pine nuts
- Serve with toasted pita, chips or sliced bell peppers, carrots and celery sticks for dipping!
- Heat your oil in a large deep skillet, and then toss in the squash pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute on medium for around 10 minutes to remove all the liquids/water from the vegetable. Transfer to a plate to cool 10 minutes.
- Drop the zucchini into your food processor along with your feta, garlic, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, parsley, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until smooth, and taste to see if any salt needs to be added. Once you transfer to your bowl, garnish with olive oil and chili pepper flakes. Enjoy with some toasted pita, sliced bell pepper, carrots sticks, celery sticks or tortilla chips for dipping.