You can make these for breakfast with eggs. Dinner or lunch for tacos with meat, fish or chicken OR throw some roasted veggies into the flap. This is an extremely versatile recipe you will LOVE.
It doesn’t get easier than this. The ingredient list is so short. We’ve got 2 medium size squash to produce about 2 cups packed shreds. Make sure you squeeze out those liquids as best you can. But don’t worry because, that’s what the coconut flour is for – it will absorb any zucchini liquids right up. Now if you don’t have coconut flour, you can use almond flour to keep it grain free OR you can use regular all purpose flour or oat flour.
The mozzarella shreds and eggs help to bind everything up nicely. Remember, you want to flatten these out as best as possible without creating any holes in the tortillas. I prepared mine with some tex mex ground pork, diced fresh tomato and lime crema. We devoured them!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or almond flour)*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After coarsley grating your zucchini, place half the shreds in a cheese cloth (or thin kitchen towel) and squeeze out as much of the liquids as you can. Repeat with the other half.
- To a large bowl, add the zucchini, mozzarella, eggs, flour, oregano, garlic powder and salt. Mix until completely incorporated. I used my hands at the end. If there is excess liquid after mixing, sprinkle in 1 more tablespoon of flour to absorb – mine didn't need it. Form large balls and then flatten them out with your fingertips on the baking sheet, keeping the round tortilla shap. Make them as flat as possible without creating any holes in the tortilla. Spray the tops with olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden on top.