You can purchase this recipe as part of a paid partnership with Target – please see ‘SHOP INGREDIENTS‘ button right below the Ingredient List in the Recipe Box. This type of availability to buy what’s needed always makes my life more simple and the prices at Target always seem to be the lowest from other supermarkets I shop at. You can purchase online and then pickup at the store or have them delivered. Does not get better than that to start the cooking going ASAP and the deliciousness flowing!
If there is ever a copy cat recipe I have enjoyed more it is definitely this Big Mac version. You really do not miss the bun and get an extra serving of veggies in the process. We all really enjoyed this one with the sauce being the star of the show.
If you like this recipe you will love my Chicken Parm Cauliflower Steaks or my Low Carb Pizza Cauliflower Steaks. You can sub in any cheese you like for the Colby Jack, like American cheese to keep it more authentic. The Big Mac Sauce is the best part though so please don’t skip it!
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE and please check out the new tab on the bottom of the Ingredients List below where you can shop these items at Target!
Cauliflower Flying Dutchman Burgers
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbs olive oil
- onion powder, garlic powder, paprika salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup pickle relish, drained
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tsp yellow mustard (divided)
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 1/3 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Garnish: dill pickle slices
- Preheat your oven to 425℉ Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Leaving the cauliflower stem in tact, slice your cauliflower first in half. Then slice those pieces in half to get your 'steaks'. Brush both sides with the olive oil all over. Sprinkle both sides with the spices listed and salt and pepper to taste – don't be shy.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip them and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Taste and adjust any ingredient to your palate.
- Divide your ground meat into four equal balls. Flatten them out thin and form and oval shape; remember they will shrink once cooked. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and once hot, add in the patties. Spread out 1 tsp of mustard per patty with the back of a spoon. Flip after 2 minutes has passed. Add the cheese slices and cover to melt.
- To each cauliflower steak, first spread out a generous amount of the sauce. Next, top with the shredded lettuce.Now add on the patties.Lastly garnish with some sliced pickles and black pepper.