Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks
I’m confident there’s no better way to eat your cauliflower than these.
If you know my blog, you know about one of my most viral recipes: Cheesy Cauliflower Steaks. People really responded to that recipe in a positive way. For me, this is similar but ten times better.
I grabbed my old recipe and combined it with the new trend of dipping veggies into freshly grated parmesan.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! Now LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, onion powder + salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Optional Garnish: fresh chives, chopped
- 1 avocado, halved
- 2 scallions, rough chop
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded + rough chop
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs grated parmesan (or nutritional yeast)
- 1/4 cup parsely
- 1/3 cup water
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Dry your cauliflower well and slice in half, then slice those in half to create your steaks. Transfer to your baking sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your olive oil, 2 tbs grated parmesan, garlic and spices. Brush the steaks with this mixture front, back and sides. Dip ONE SIDE of the steaks into the freshly grated parmesan and place parm side down on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450° F. then bump down the temperature to 425°F and bake for 20-25 more minutes. Time varies with thickness of steaks. Remove from baking tray and serve crispy side up with some fresh chives on top.
- Add everything to your mini food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust if needed.
Nutritional Info includes the Avocado Dip.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 669IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 1mg
Hi! Do you have any suggestions on what else I can make with this recipe to make it a meal? Do you usually make anything else to go with this recipe or do you eat it like a snack?
Dipped in egg, will try olive oil, they were delicious.
Can I follow this recipe but on air fryer instead?
Do you have macros for this recipe? It was delicious but I didn’t make the avocado dip..maybe next time.
I am a terrible cook and this recipe was so easy to follow and tasted great!
I tried this but had an issue with the cheese sticking to the pan/tin foil instead of the cauliflower steaks. Any advice to get it to stick to the cauliflower better instead of the aluminum foil?
I would use parchment paper.
Use parchment paper instead. Comes off very easily.
This was delicious!
RECIPE LOOKS AMAZING. WHERE IS THE NUTRITIONAL CONTENT LISTED?
can you cook these a head of time and reheat?
Hi Kim, absoutely!
I made this tonight according to recipe except I drizzled it with beer cheese soup instead of avocado sauce. Freaking amazing! Only way I will ever make them going forward!
HI Sharon, that sounds SO GOOD with the Beer cheese soup omg!!!!
Im not a vegetarian but this dis was off the charts delicious!!! You must try this one. It’s a keeper!!
Super easy and super good. I put some extra cheese a few minutes before its finished.
Tasted great, but my cauliflower stuck to my aluminum baking pan. Next time I’ll spray the pan so I can enjoy the crispy bits! I still ate every bite tho. The seasoning was wonderful.
You may wish to use parchment paper lightly sprayed.
I prepared the cauliflower according to your recipe, it was very tasty 😋. With baking paper on the tray, nothing sticks.
Hi Susanne, glad you liked it! Thanks for the kind rating!
So so good! I skipped on the avocado dip and made a lemony roasted red pepper sauce to top it with and air fried sweet potatoes as a side. Such a good meal. My mouth is humming. And my teen loved it. So that’s a win.
Hi Nico, Glad you guys enjoyed them and thanks for sharing your dip idea with eveyrone!!
What a delicious vegetarian meal! I made this today (without the sauce thiugh), and it’s really so good!!
Super yummy and easy!
Hi Shelbie, that’s awesome!thanks!
These are delicious and easy! I’ve made them twice because my husband iced them so much. A new official staple in our home. Thanks for sharing!
HI Charmaine, This is awesome – glad everyone liked the cauliflower!!