MOVE OVER Chipotle. We have a new contender with this gorgeous fresh and new burrito bowl. I have been lucky enough to try Sakara Life’s delivery service a few times and really enjoy their vegan dishes. When they posted this meal on their social media, I was compelled to try and replicate it. It’s mostly for the pink rice. I’ve had theirs so many times and really love the way it pops on your plate and in your mouth.
All the healthy stuff in this bowl. You don’t need to make this with purple cauliflower, but it does look so pretty. I get mine at Whole Foods, they usually have it in stock. The spinach with toasted sesame seeds is delicious and super quick to throw together. The cucumber salad was tossed together so quick I didn’t get a chance to record the measurements. The beauty of cooking is to taste and adjust to your palate and preference.
This chipotle ranch sauce is the cherry on top for this dish. You can make it with vegan ingredients to keep this dish vEGAN. Or you can sub in sour cream for the yogurt. You might need to add in some water to thin out the sauce – mine was thick. Add in 1 tablespoon at a time, mix and then adjust again if needed.
Thank you for swinging by HungryHappens! If you decide to make this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Pink Rice Burrito Bowl
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- garlic powder, onion powder + salt to taste
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbs beet juice from can
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, sliced thin
- splash of each sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey + chili pepper flakes
- 15 oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper, from can
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 420°F. Toss your florets with all of the ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook your rice as per package instructions and include the 1 tbs sugar. When rice is done, add in the beet juice and toss around to distribute. Add more beet juice if necessary to reach the desired color.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and then add in the spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Once it is mostly wilted, remove from the pan.
- Toss all ingredients and taste. Adjust any of the ingredients if necessary.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Add 1 tbs water at a time if needed to thin out the sauce.