Not even joking when I say this is one of the greatest zucchini dishes I have every made. The method of scoring the vegetable really allows the flavors to seep into the flesh. I made half with the mozzarella and half without and both ways were phenomenal.
First sear your zucchini steaks flesh side down in some olive oil on medium heat. Flip them over once they have tanned light brown. Whip up your mixture of garlic, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Garlicky Zucchini Steaks
- 2 large zucchini
- 5 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs thyme, chopped
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise and then proceed to score the flesh in a criss cross pattern. Sprinkle with salt and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then wipe them of the fluids released and salt.
- Preheat your oven to 450° F. or your air fryer to 400° F.
- Heat 1-2 tbs olive oil in a large pan on medium. Sear the zucchini flesh down first, for 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl whisk together 3 tbs olive oil, the minced garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Brush this mixture on the flesh sides of the zucchini steaks. Sprinkle tops with the grated Parmesan. Transfer them to your oven or to your airfryer and cook for for about 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella, place back in oven for 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Garnish with fresh basil and chili pepper flakes.