Another ridiculously easy dish that can be made in a flash with only a few ingredients necessary. Veggies for the soul made simple and yummy! They remind me of pizza bites but minus those pesky carbs.
I used a spoon to scoop out the flesh. We do this to avoid the skins from getting watery. I saved them in a tupper and used them in an omelette the next day. Simply saute the pieces in some olive oil and season them well.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Cheesy Zucchini Skins (Low Carb)
- 7 small zucchini, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- DanO's Cheesoning Seasoning or 2 tbs grated parmesan, ½ tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Paprika + Chili peppet flakes to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of each zucchini half. (Reserve the flesh for an omelette or a quick veggie sauté at a later date).
- Brush the scooped side of each zucchini with olive oil. In this order, season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and shredded cheese evenly to each piece. Sprinkle the tops of each with paprika and chili pepper flakes. Bake for 20 minutes or until the zucchini is just fork tender.