Oh how we are obsessed with this. I really love the marinade but the best part is far and away, the honey chipotle vinaigrette. I could use both on anything. Grilled chicken dip, salmon sauce or salad dressing. Its totally drinkable. As recommended on TikTok we added some to the sour cream and it was delicious. Although I prefer it on its own.
This Chipotle Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla is currently a trending dish on TikTok thanks to Alexis Frost’s recommendation and Keith Lee and his review of the dish and combination that went viral. I’m SO happy I heard about it and tried it.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Chipotle Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla with Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 2 lbs NY Top Sirloin, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs chipotle in adobo sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder + dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of each cumin + coriander
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbs chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, dried oregano, chili powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt + pepper to taste
Assembly + Garnish:
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients until smooth. Add the steak tips into the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. While that's happening make the rest….
- In a blender or food processor, add in all the vinaigrette ingredients (EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL). Blend those first for 5 seconds. Then stream in the olive oil to emulsify. Taste and adjust anything to your palate (if needed). You can use this on its own as a dip or combine some with your sour cream for second dip.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs olive oil. Once hot add in the peppers and onions and season with the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Should take 3-4 minutes. Remove those from the pan and set aside. Wipe your pan clean and then add in the steak tips. Cook them on medium high to get a crust on each side. They should cook in about 3-4 minutes.
- In the same wiped down pan, drizzle some olive oil and heat your tortilla. Add in some cheese on half the tortilla, top with the pepper and onions and then the steak. Add another small sprinkle of cheese and fold over the empty side of the tortilla. Press down. Heat and then flip over after a few minutes. Slice and serve.