The meal I always ordered at TGIFriday’s when I was a teenager. It’s a great spicy hearty and fun dish for the family or with friends.
This dish is typically prepared with a whole flank steak. I like to use steak tips and slice them into thin strips. Why? With this method, the marinade reaches more of the meat. Also, there is no ambiguity when cooking, the strips cook quickly and evenly.
I love to complete this meal with corn tortillas, top them with my Avocado Sauce and cotija cheese. SO delicious.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment and rating the dish. LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Steak Fajitas
- 5 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 portobello caps, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Add Ins:
- Avocado Sauce
- corn tortillas (warmed)
- cotija cheese
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Add the steak and marinade to a large ziploc bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs oil. Work in batches and sauté the peppers, onion, mushrooms until crisp tender. You don't want them soggy.
- Wipe down the pan and add 1 tbs oil. Working in two batches, cook half the meat strips, about 2-3 minutes per side.