These cream cheese brownie muffins are so delicious and decadent. They are somewhat similar to my Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies which will also make you weak in the knees.
The beautiful love affair between cream cheese and flavorful chocolate is omnipresent here. You can’t just have one.
I like to make these for a special occasion or a holiday since they are unique dessert. If you have espresso powder, I highly recommend adding 1/2 teaspoon to the brownie batter to enhance the flavor of the chocolate.
Cream Cheese Brownie Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 325° F and line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a medium sauce pan, on LOW heat, melt your butter and chocolate, stirring continuously, until both are smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in sugar, vanilla and eggs – one egg at a time. Lastly stir in flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup brownie batter for the swirls.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until JUST combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fill each muffin slot about half way. Then divide cheesecake batter evenly amongst the slots. Lastly top with 1/2 tsp of the reserved brownie batter on top of each to swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Can have a few small crumbs on it. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes to set. Transfer to wire rack to fully cool.