Another incredible way to use up that big package of mushrooms from Costco is this absolute gem of a recipe. My last two veggie parmesan chip recipes have gone viral, so I knew this was a subject worth exploring. Dump the bagged snacks and you won’t regret trying these! These were also my kids favorite version thus far.
Make sure you tightly layer the mushrooms so that the sides are touching. As you can see in my picture above, the slices are spread apart (which is wrong). Since the mushrooms ultimately shrank down, and I could have easily added more to the pan.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Crispy Mushroom Chips
- 24 oz baby bella mushrooms (medium to large size works best)
- 5 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella
- salt, onion powder + black pepper to taste
- optional garnish: olive oil + chopped parsley
- optional dip: Lazy Tzatziki
- Preheat your oven to 420℉. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wipe clean or peel your mushrooms. Slice them medium thickness.
- Sprinkle the cheeses onto your prepped sheet pan evenly spreading out to form a thin layer. Add the mushrooms to the pan so that they are very close together – touching but not overlapping. Sprinkle on salt, onion powder and black pepper to taste. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges of the cheese turn golden brown. Watch it at the end it can burn in seconds.
- Remove from oven promptly and optionally lightly brush the tops of the mushrooms only with olive oil. Allow to cool a bit and then break apart. with your hands or a knife. Optionally top with parsley and enjoy!