Easy Buffalo Wings
Let’s hear it for some simple, saucy and delicious appetizers. This is the food for weekends, game day, or week night lazy dinners. It’s beyond easy to make and hot and flavorful.
For this recipe, its all about the crispiness of the wings. In order to ensure this: (1) Hopefully you have a slotted baking pan or a wire rack over a baking sheet setup. (2) Make sure your wings are patted dry as can be. (3) Coat each wing and drum with that seasoned oil mixture. (4) Bake them for 25 minutes on one side and then flip them over and bake again for another 30 minutes.
The sauce is quite straightforward and easy peasy to stir up. The ingredients of Hot Sauce (any hot sauce works), honey and butter. The spicy with the sweet and the richness of the butter all come together for a yummy little sauce.
If you’re serving these as an appetizer, try to include some sliced carrot and celery sticks and, of course, some blue cheese dressing. Top with some fresh chopped parsley for finishing aesthetic
Thank you for coming by Hungry Happens. We hope you enjoyed the visit! If you do end up making this or any other dish, please come back to comment and rate it! It would be greatly appreciated!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 tbs butter
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Try to use a slotted baking pan (or wire rack of a baking sheet) – this ensures crispiness of the wings.
- Rinse and pat dry your wings so that they are completely dry. Toss them in a large bowl with the olive oil and seasonings. Transfer to baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and turn them over. Bake them for another 30 minutes of until golden and crispy.
- In a small pot, whisk together the hot sauce and honey over medium high heat. Bring to simmer and then add your butter and cook until melted and slightly reduced – about 2 minutes.
- Transfer wings to large bowl and toss them with the sauce until all are coated. Set your oven to broil and return wings to pan. Broil until sauce caramelizes – a few minutes. WATCH THEM – don’t walk away.
- Serve with some celery sticks, carrot sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Is it olive oil or vegetable oil?